Custom Search

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2010 Census Form

Good morning!!

Back at it again, ready to make it a great day! I just completed my census form and dropped it in the mailbox. Be sure to complete yours. Heard some talk on the radio this morning about how the form displays the race for African Americans. If you've completed your form, maybe you've noticed the section where it asks your race. One section states Black, African American, or Negro. Haven't seen Negro on anything in a while. What's your opinion about this? I'm not personally offended because I try to ignore nonsense, however others are offended (understandably). What do you think?

Also, I found this article about it on New York Daily News Website. Check it out.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/01/06/2010-01-06_census_negro_issue_use_of_word_on_forms_raises_hackles_memories_of_jim_crow.html

0 comments: