Custom Search

Sunday, April 18, 2010

I attended church today with my friend Tosha. She is a member at New Birth Charlotte under Bishop Terrell Murphy. I had a great time in church today. I love what the church is doing in the Huntersville and Charlotte communities. They honored four teachers from Charlotte area schools today (Bradley middle, Bailey Middle, Ranson Middle and J.M. Alexander) for their Teacher Of The Year initiative. Students in each school were asked to write an essay explaining how a teacher had touched their life and why the teacher deserved this award. The selected students attended service today and took part in awarding the teachers with a check for $2,000.00!! This was an awesome way to award teachers for their hard work especially with threats of teacher job cuts within Mecklenburg county. It's great to know that there are still good teachers out there! I was also pleased with how Bishop Murphy encouraged everyone to use their gifts to bring glory to Jesus and to learn how to connect what we do (our gifts) to the kingdom of God by helping out in the community, in the church, etc.) Again, I really enjoyed the service today. The church family welcomed everyone with smiles and warm hugs. I felt very comfortable (even sitting on the third row). My son said he enjoyed it and wants to go back, so we will be visiting again in the near future.

0 comments: