Custom Search

Thursday, February 4, 2010

CHANGE!

Definitions of Change:

  • To make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.
  • To transform or convert (usually fol. by into):
  • To give and take reciprocally; interchange: to change places with someone.
  • To transfer from one (conveyance) to another:
I once had a conversation with a close friend who mentioned that they were not willing to CHANGE who they were for a relationship. This was quite interesting to me. Why are we so afraid of CHANGE? CHANGE is not always a bad thing. In fact, it can be quite beneficial.  I personally, WANT to change. Not necessarily for a relationship, but simply for the purpose of growth. I am NOT who I was two years ago and I definitely don't want to remain the same two years from now. I want to become a better person. I will not CHANGE the essence of who I am, but I certainly want to form a bond with that person during the course of the relationship, I hope to transform my bad habits into to good ones. I will give of myself and hope that I have will receive reciprocally. I hope to transform my relationship into something substantial and hopefully at some point, CHANGE my last name! If all of this means CHANGE, then hey, I'm ready! Are you ready for CHANGE?

4 comments:

R. Coleman said...

Tissa, this is so true and you are so real! You without sin cast the first stone. Who can throw a rock? Nobody!

RColeman said...

This comment is for the Dont Ask Dont tell article you posted.

RColeman said...

The comment for change true as well. Whether a person needs to change or they are in the midst of change, people are not receptive to change unless they can see the beneficial aspects to change upfront. Sometimes we have to just step out on faith and watch God do a 360 in our lives!

@FABMOMCLT said...

Good point Renee!