Custom Search

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Love Me some ME!!

I love the woman that I see as I look into the mirror each day! I absolutely LOVE the woman that I've become. As I've aged, I've learned that there is nothing more beautiful than the people we see looking back at us each day. Sure I have flaws and imperfections, but they are a part of who I am. They make me ME. As women we are beautiful creatures, all with different features, different bodies, different talents, different strenghts and different weaknesses. Our variations are what make us so beautiful. If we were all the same, how boring would the world be?

If you see anything less than beauty when you look in the mirror each day, you have some work to do! Forget what people think about you because ultimately you control what they think! If you walk in confidence that's what they see. It will show in the way we carry ourselves, the friends we choose, the type of life we live, etc.. If you shelter insecurties, guess what, people see that too! Learn to love and appreciate what you see and who you are becoming because you determine what is beatiful about you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true, my sister. Each day we wake up we should consider ourselves blessed. Blessed to be here another day, blessed even more to look at where you are now and from whence you have came. Look in the rearview mirror and what do you see? All that you have left behind. Look forward and you see the present and the future....now that's a gift and even more you are the presenter of that gift. ~ Sonja

Anonymous said...

I agree, with both of your statements. It took some time for me to realize that I was my own worse enemy. I use to give others the power over me. No one should know me better than I know myself. I had to prove to myself that I was more than a being. I exude confidence now, and my life could not be better. Now, of course, we all like to hear a compliment or two, I no longer look to hear them. I know my worth and it shows in my life's work.

@FABMOMCLT said...

I'm loving both of the comments!! When we are confident, it shows in our life's work. It shows in everything we do. Beauty comes in so many different forms so we can not allow other people or the media tell us what is beautiful! And as women, we love compliments, it's just our nature, but we just can't allow nor expect those compliments to validate us. Great comments. Love it!