Custom Search

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Be Patient!

Yesterday, I mentioned my fondness for motivator, Ralph Marston and a quote that he shared on Twitter (see yesterday's post). Just recently, he shared this quote "Patience with yourself, with your work and with others is a sure sign that you know you're on the right track."  This quote was right on time for me. I have had a VERY challenging day at work and I know things will become more challenging. Something amazing happened as I left work though. As I walked to my car in tears, (no, I didn't get fired) I felt a number of different emotions; anger, disappointment, frustration and relief. Yes, relief! You see, although I know things will become more complex at work, I also know that my life is turning a new page. Something magnificent is about to happen! I am in the process of tapping into the genius within me. For so long, women have been trained to believe that we are capable of achieving a limited amount of success, but I KNOW that we are capable beyond what we can see or imagine. All we have to do is believe in ourselves and be patient. Being patient doesn't mean that we will sit back and wait for something to happen for us. It simply means that we will continue to work hard and be patient with those who can't yet see our genius and just know that in time, we will be within arms reach of attaining our goals. Thank you Mr. Marston for this awesome reminder! I needed this. Good night!

0 comments: