Custom Search

Friday, December 11, 2009

Thank GOD It's Friday-Seriously

I am seriously thanking GOD for this Friday. I've had a stressful week at work and I am ready to spend time with family this weekend.

I truly believe that when you are approaching new heights in your life, the devil works really hard to intrude. I have never in almost 20 years of working had the urge to walk off of a job like I had this week. The main reason I didn't is because I need the insurance for my son. But the most profound thing that stuck out in my mind was a message from my Pastor, Bishop Kevin L. Long. This past week in church he reminded us that temptation will come in many forms, but the greatest tempation is the urge to quit! The urge to quit is even greater than the urge to smoke, to do drugs or even drink alcohol. God knows I don't quit easily. I'm glad I paid attention Sunday because I could have been an unemployed sister today! Despite my many gripes about corporate america, I will not allow the devil to shift my focus. I will push forward and work hard until it is my time to branch off, which won't be long. I encourage you all to do the same. Keep your mind focused on your goals. Just know that where you are is temporary. At least I know it is for me. Create affirmations of who you are, the goals that you are aiming to reach and the fabulous person that you are becoming. Repeat those everyday and soon enough, you'll reach that goal! Good luck!! Fabulous mom signing off!

0 comments: