Custom Search

Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 BET Awards

The 2010 BET awards went down last night. Hosted by Queen Latifah,  It actually was not all of that bad. I don't recall any drama. There were some things that could have been a little more entertaining like Usher's performance or perhaps different selections for the Prince tribute (Alicia Key's rocked it), but overall it wasn't too bad.



The best performance of the night was Chris Brown's tribute to Michael Jackson. Chris became very emotional while singing "Man In The Mirror" and couldn't even finish the song. I imagine the words to the song really sank in and hit home. There were teary eyes in the crowd and people all over twitter and facebook were talking about this performance. We all know that Chris is a MJ fan. I can't think of a more fitting artist to have done this tribute.

All of the performances were decent, so I can't think of a worse one.



I don't have a BEST Look of the night, but Nia Long was gorgeous as usual. Monica's hair was hot as usual, but her performance dress made good as a costume in the movie "Bat Man". Ciara looked nice. Queen Latifah looked gorgeous hitting the stage. She's lost alot of weight. Throughout the show, she changed into various costumes of characters from the movies she's appeared in. Her outfit as Chloe from Set It Off was a mess. But overall, the queen is beautiful. For the men, of course T.I. was handsome. Tyrese and Lorenz Tate also looked good. Lil Kim I mean Nicki Minaj had the worst look of all BET awards show. Keisha Cole, was really close though with that horrible hair. I love KC, but just why? Nicki's orange wig matched with the wedding dress was not the business. I can't get with the whole Barbie Doll looks and antics. I wish grown women would just act like grown women. She won an award so hey, good for her. Guess that's what matters (side eye).

Okay, that's it for now. I'm headed to work. For more scoop on the awards, head on over to http://www.bet.com/

PEACE!

2 comments:

~Meik said...

I said last year, I wish Chris Brown could do the MJ Tribute and I'm glad BET finally let him.. I think MJ was smiling..

@FABMOMCLT said...

Hey Meik!! I agree. I can see MJ being proud of Chris. Hopefully, his performance will remind people of why we loved him in the first place. He KILT it!! lol