Custom Search

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life's Simple Treasures


There are so many beautiful, yet simple things in life that we overlook on a daily basis. For example; the sound of crickets singing, the wind blowing, a child's laughter, a beautiful butterfly, a corny joke that makes you laugh until tears form in your eyes, running into a childhood friend at the grocery store, the sound of giggly girls playing patty cake, a song that remains relevant 20 years after it was made (hint: What's going on by Marvin Gaye), uninterrupted sleep, stress free days and nights, back in the day conversations with family and friends, or a soft kiss from a spouse. I could go on and on and on, but my days are so busy and my nights are so short that I forget to notice all the simple things that bring me joy...........until I'm FORCED to sit down and take notice. Note to busy parents: Life goes by so fast. We are busier today than we've ever been. Take a minute to slow down, reflect and enjoy life's simple treasures. It's the most simplest of things that can calm our spirits and renew peace. Enjoy them!

0 comments: