Custom Search

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Just Do It!!

Do you ever think, think and re-think and idea before finally giving up on the idea altogether?
Does fear of judgment from others play a role in your decision making?
Do you become overwhelmed or immobilized by fear of making bad decisions?

If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, you could be a victim of analysis paralysis (indecisiveness). To put it simply; you are a procrastinator!

For some people, the act of "doing" is quite simple. They "just do" whatever it is that must be done. For others, making a decision to do something is easier said than done. Excessive procrastination or indecisiveness can have a negative affect on personal and professional growth. So, why do we procrastinate? Life Strategist, Lorraine Cohen offer 7 reasons as to why we procrastinate:

• Fear of Success/Failure
• Desires or dreams aren't strong enough
• Not inspired by goals/dreams
• Loss of motivation
• Negative self talk and beliefs
• Overwhelmed with ideas
• Too many distractions-causes us to lose focus on our goals

While I'm no guru or life coach, I am a victim of procrastination. I can honestly say that "FEAR" itself has plagued my life in many ways. We must stop over-analysis and “just do it”. As women, we are creative, smart and wise beyond measures! We have so much to offer this world, but we allow opportunities to pass us by all too often simply because of fear. We can accomplish anything that we desire if we simply TAKE ACTION!

Take a moment to identify how procrastination and indecisiveness has crept into your lives. Don't worry; I'll wait (in my Katt Williams voice.) Okay, now commit to taking ONE action TODAY (not tomorrow or next week) that will lead you in the path of reaching a goal that you have yet to accomplish.

On the other hand if you have overcome procrastination. Please share how you did it in comments. Be a blessing or inspiration to others. After all that what this site is for!!

For help with overcoming procrastination, check the book "Live Without Procrastination. How to stop Postponing your Life" by M. Susan Roberts Ph D.


MONIQUE'S NEW SHOW
Monique debuted her night time talk show on BET last night! Did you see it? What did you think? Share your thoughts below.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great information

Anonymous said...

First of all...Love the blog Ms Tissa!
Monique show was VERY positive. I loved the fact that (though she lost weight) she has not forgotten about her full figured Sistas! Its also refreshing to have healthy entertainment targeting the African American Community. Some of her antics were a little over the top for me, but for the most part my it provided good, healthy, positive entertainment and then came WENDY... lol! Many blessings!

Teneisha (Ya NY Homie)

Anonymous said...

First and foremost Congrats to you!!!!

I enjoyed the Monique show. I am not a TV person. However, positive entertainment I will tune in.


Tangela

Anonymous said...

Well Hello, Fabulous One! I finally got logged in to sit down to check out the full length version of your blog. I love it very professional, and should I stay oh so stylish as you are. I haven't seen the Monique show although I have DVR'd it. So, I guess I had better get to watching the show before it fills up my space.

Your blog mentions alot about what we want to hear and most importantly what we need to hear.

I purchased some MAC Lustreglass-Luminary while I was in ATL this past weekend. It's Fabulous Doll!

Are you taking suggestions for discussion topics on here?

Well until tomorrow, Blog on!

Sonja

@FABMOMCLT said...

Hi Sonja! Thanks for checking out the site. I would love your feecback on discussion topics. You can leave them here in comments or you can email them to me at omarble@gmail.com. Loves you and I have to check out that Lustreglass!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tissa,
I watched the Mo'Nique Show the other night. I thought that Mo'Nique was too loud!. At first I thought it was the excitement of the new show. I watched the next couple of nights and got more of the same. The guests were somewhat interesting, but I cannot say that it will become one of my favorite shows.