Custom Search

Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's Your Vision?



Everyone has goals and visions of things that they want to accomplish in life. In order to achieve the things that we want, we must stay focused on our goals. Our goals are things that we should think about and work towards every day. One of the most effective ways to stay focused on our goals and aspirations is to create a vision board. A vision board is simply visual representation or collage of things that you want to achieve or become. The purpose of the vision board is to activate the law of attraction by constantly reminding you of your goals (I recently spoke about this during my blog about the book "the secret") or those things that you desire to have. Having your goals displayed front and center is a constant reminder. By thinking of them continuously, you will eventually bring them into your lives. My vision board definitely helped me remain focused in my last few weeks of school. Having this board front and center is a constant inspiration for me to keep progressing.

Vision boards are simple to make. Basically, all you do is cut out pictures of words, things or people that represent things that you want in your life and paste them on a board. All boards are different and are as creative as the owner wants them to be. It is important that you keep your board in a visible place where you will constantly look at it. On my board, I have pictures of Gabrielle Union, Selena Williams, Tarjai Hinson and Michelle Obama. These women represent strength to me and I know in order to achieve any goal, I must maintain focus, which requires strength to do so. I placed my board in a frame; however, many people simply create theirs on poster board. It serves the same purpose. I will soon be working on a board for my son and my cousin. Do you have a vision board? If so, how long have you had yours and where did you get the inspiration for your board?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do have a vision board. I was inspired by the one and only on the Laws of Attraction and The Secret. After I finished the vision board others were inspired and they did them as well. We have now challenged the Policy Service Team to work on vision boards. So, great idea!