Custom Search

Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Happy Monday!!

Happy Monday and welcome to a new week! I am blessed and I praise GOD for another day! I hope everyone has a productive Monday and a very successful week. Remember to set your goals and work very hard to meet them. This week, I MUST drink more water. I have done poorly in keeping hydrated as well as making my kids stay hydrated. It just dawned on me today that this could be why my scalp has been so flaky and itchy, my skin seems to be blotchy and my energy level is in the pits. I'm sure it's because I haven't drank enough water. So......my goal this week is to drink at least eight glasses of water each day. Wish me luck! I encourage you to do the same.  I'll be sure to post how I'm doing each day.
Also, I visited a cool website that gave some tips on hydration. I've listed some tips below, but you can access the website to get more information. It's a really cool site. check it out. http://www.wateraid.org/

  • Start the day with a cup of hot water with a good squeeze of fresh lemon. It boots the digestive system.
  • Drink water instead of caffeine or alcohol. They both cause the body to lose water. 
  • Keep water with you at all times, especially when you're on the go.
  • Drink a glass of water before and during each meal
  • Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They contribute to your water intake.
  • Have a glass of cold water when you start to feel hungry. People often confuse mild feelings of thirst with mild hunger.
  • Water is the ultimate beauty product; dehydrated skin looks older than it is. Drink lots to keep your skin looking younger and more vibrant.
  • Water can help with dieting. Drinking water often curbs the appetite and it is calorie free.
Do you have any tips on how to stay hydrated? Share them in comments.

0 comments: