Custom Search

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reflections

I love to read "self help" books; although I never read the entire book. For the most part, I skim through the book and highlight important items and make notes on things that are relevant to my life at the moment. It seems as if no matter how old the book is, you can return some years down the road and the information is still relevant. Take for example, a quote that I found in Russell Simmons' 2007 book, "Do YOU, 12 Laws To Access the Power in You To Achieve Happiness and Success".

"If you wait for "someday," you're going to be waiting for a very long time. But once you start TODAY, you'll find that success is much closer than you even imagined. If fact, the day you start, you're already a step closer. -Russell Simmons

I just happened to open the book and these words had been highlighted (by me of course). I love it because this is exactly how I feel about my life at the present. I'm glad that I pulled the book back out because now I'm inspired to continue reading and reflecting.

 Looking for this book? This is what the cover looks like:


0 comments: